Thursday 3 April 2014

Birdcage Religion


A beautiful song from "Sleeping at Last" that reflects where I have been and are, and that has become my prayer these last couple of weeks. May it mean something to you as well. And may it ever remind us all that we might just have to be the broken record that helps somebody find themselves again. 


So slowly I'm losing who I've sworn to be. 
A promise in pencil, that years have made so hard to read. 
I've spent my life building walls - brick by brick and bruise by bruise... 
a birdcage religion that whispered me to sleep. 


But time is spinning silk that coils ruthlessly; 
with the devil's patience, it binds my hands so quietly 
that soon it becomes a part of me. 


So soften these edges and straighten out my tie. 
And help me remember the hope that I have compromised. 

Please be a broken record for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment